Over recent years customer service, like many things – has gone high-tech.
Thanks to digital tools like social media, it’s easier than ever before for small-business owners to provide support or address complaints.
In fact, many consumers now believe they’re more likely to get timely responses through public platforms like Facebook or Twitter rather than the old-fashioned method of making a phone call.
Whilst it’s true the tools are changing, small business owners should not to lose sight of the fundamentals that drive successful customer relationships.
Some big businesses have become so used to the idea that they need to introduce something ‘new’, ‘different’, and ‘cutting-edge’ that many have lost their grasp on what’s truly important—and how simple it really should be—when it comes to customer service and support.
Here are some basics to keep your customers happy:
- If you do advertise a phone number on your website – answer your phone!
- Always respond to social media posts as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Respond to emails promptly and courteously and don’t forget to follow up!
- If you are lucky enough to ‘have help’ or to engage a business partner – train and retain the best you can find!
- Simplify your business model, daily operations and your processes.
- Show business partners and anyone that helps you out ‘the love!’ Always recognize and reward partners, helpers and most importantly – your loyal customers!
- Make it simple for customers to find the information they need about all of your products and services. Include customer reviews, videos and other resources so that they can get to know you and your business and most importantly your products! Product reviews are a great way to do this!
- Post regularly on Facebook or any other social media channels that your promote. There is nothing worse than empty pages.